Breaking

How Pokémon's arrival in the UK changed Games Workshop forever

A few years ago, I was changing costumes between scenes in a period drama, stepping out of 18th Century workwear and into some noble's finery, when a fellow cast member told me something I had never expected to hear. They had worked at Games Workshop for many years, and they told me that when Pokémon arrived in the UK, it nearly brought the company - Games Workshop - to its knees.

My reaction was probably as yours is now: I missed the hole of my stockings and almost fell over. I couldn't quite believe what I was hearing. Pokémon, thFat very cheery cartoon of an IP, had nearly levelled the grim-dark house of Warhammer? Was I dreaming?

It's a thought I had to swallow as the play raced on, and though I followed it up with my friend afterwards, nothing more came of it. Time moved on and the story faded away. But I never forgot it. So when it surfaced in my mind earlier this year, I decided to do something about it.

Read more



source https://www.eurogamer.net/how-pokemons-arrival-in-the-uk-changed-games-workshop-forever

No comments:

Post a Comment