Breaking

Nightingale must lean into its magic to survive

Firstly, I'd like to apologise to the team at Inflexion Games. I happen to share my name with their forthcoming gaslamp survival fantasy - to the extent they've had to mute me on social media so my silly little posts don't get in the way of them looking at what people are saying about Nightingale.

And there's plenty to say, especially after I was able to get a good tour of its systems back at Gamescom, and a peek at its beautiful world. It certainly looks the part, with some of the most gorgeously shimmering water and realistic wave physics I've seen. There are spectacular magic effects from player and enemy alike, and vibrant, hyper-realistic lighting.

The world feels unique - with fantasy tropes such as fairies and magic and colossal beasts explored by a character suited and booted like a Victorian, with a Mary Poppins umbrella that lets you float over grand, open landscapes. There's a decent variety of environments populated by walking trees, giant skulled elks, elephant-esque dinosaurs, and other bizarrely spliced creations. Between the smart outfits, the inventive creature design, and the lush environments, it looks like nothing else.

Read more



source https://www.eurogamer.net/nightingale-must-lean-into-its-magic-to-survive

No comments:

Post a Comment